2010年10月9日 星期六

出國前必需學會之生活用語

I.使用頻率100%
See you later. 待會見;再聯絡
A: I have to go. B: See you later.

What’s up? 近來過得如何?
A: Hey! What’s up? B: Nothing much! As usual.

It’s on me. 我來付
A: The beer is on me. B: Thank you.

I mean it. 我是說真的
A: Do you really want to quit your job? B: I mean it.

Check, please. 買單
A: Check, please. B: Yes, sir.

Mind your own business. 別多管閒事
A: What were you talking about? B: Mind your own business.

Hold on. 請稍等
A: May I leave a message, please? B: Hold on.

Whatever! 隨你的便
A: Shall I tell him tonight or tomorrow? B: Whatever!

After you. 你先(請)
A: Please come in. B: After you.

Nonsense! 胡說八道!
A: Tell me the truth. I don’t want nonsense. B: I am telling the truth.

Cheer up! 振作點
A: We lost the game again! B: Cheer up! You’ll do better next time.

No way! 不行
A: Let’s have pizza for lunch. B: No way! I hate pizza.

Go for it! 加油!
A: It’s an important test. B: Yes, I will go for it!

You’ve got me there. / (it) beats me. 我想不出來:我不知道:你考倒我了
A: Do you know the height of that building? B: You’ve got me there. (Beats me)

Who Cares! 誰管你呀!
A: I can’t finish my homework. Can you help me to do some? B: Who cares!

I’ll get it. 我來接(電話)
A: The phone is ringing. B: I’ll get it.

It depends. 看情形
A: When will you wake up? B: It depends.

Out of the question! 不可能的
A: Could I borrow your bike? B: Out of the question!

Allow me. 讓我來
A: Please allow me to open the door for you. B: Thank you.

Calm down 冷靜一點
A: Calm down. It’s not such a big deal. B: You won’t understand.

Thank you. 謝謝
A: You are beautiful! B: Thank you.

You’re welcome. 不客氣
A: Thank you for the flowers. B: You’re welcome.

Goodbye. 再見
A: Take care! B: You too! Goodbye!

How are you(doing)? 你好嗎?
A: How are you? B: Not very good. I got a cold.

I have had enough! 我真是受夠了!
A: I have had enough! B: Why? What did he do?

Let’s call it a day. 今天到此為止吧!
A: Let’s call it a day. I am so tired. B: All right!

Not again! 不會吧!
A: Everyone’s late. B: Not again!

Knock it off! 住手!不要吵!
A: Knock it off! I am trying to study. B: Sorry, I didn’t know that you are studying.

Good night. 晚安
A: Good night, everybody. B: Good night, Jill! Have a sweet dream.

Sure! 可以呀!
A: Could I use your computer? B: Sure!

Of course. 當然!
A: Could I borrow your car? B: Of course.

Yes. 是的
A: Is this your cell phone? B: Yes, it is mine.

Why? 為什麼?
A: Sarah is not coming. B: Why?

Be careful on the road. 路上小心
A: Be careful on the road. It’s getting dark. B: Ok!

You decide. 你決定吧!
A: Do you want the black tie or the red one? B: You decide.

Never mind. 沒關係;不要緊
A: I am sorry that I broke your radio. B: Never mind.

That’s all right. 沒關係
A: I didn’t mean to be bump into you. B: That’s all right.

I don’t know. 我不知道
A: Do you know where the police station is? B: I don’t know.

Is there anything wrong? 有問題嗎?
A: The boss was every angry at the meeting. B: Why? Is there anything wrong?

No problem. 沒問題
A: Could I borrow your car tomorrow? B: Sure! No problem.

You are joking! (No kidding) 別開玩笑了
A: Did you know that Linda’s uncle is Jacky Chen? B: You are joking! How did you know that?

Why not? 為什麼不行?
A: You can’t go out today. B: Why not?

I don’t understand…. 我不懂
A: Betty broke up with her new boyfriend. B: I don’t understand how could this happen?

And then? 然後呢?
A: You should take this form to the first counter. B: And then? What should I do?

So what? 那又如何?那又怎樣?
A: Do you know there is a new theater down the street? B: Yeah. So what?

It’s alright. 還好
A: How’s your steak? B: It’s alright.

I am OK. 我沒事
A: Are you hurt? B: I am OK.

Bon voyage. 一路順風
A: We are leaving for Boston tonight. B: Bon voyage.

What happened? 發生了什麼事?
A: Lucy is crying. B: Why? What happened?

Come on! 來嘛!拜託!
A: I don’t want to go to the party. B: Come on! Don’t be shy.


II. 使用頻率90%
Come off it! 別裝蒜了:別扯了:住口
A: I think I failed my exam. B: Come off it! This is the third time you mention it.

Give me a break! 饒了我吧!
A: It’s only a twenty-minute walk. B: Give me a break! My legs are killing me.

That’s enough! 夠了!
A: That’s enough. I’ve had enough of you. B: Please let me explain.

Stop! 停!
A: Stop! You are going to bump that tree! B: Stop yelling!

Cut it out! 別鬧了(停止打鬥、爭吵等)
A: Cut it out! The baby is sleeping. B: Sorry about that.

Over the line 太過分了
A: You better say sorry to her. You are over the line this time. B: She hit me first.

Where is this? 這是哪裡?
A: Where is this? B: This is the post office.

It didn’t occur to me 我沒想到….
A: It didn’t occur to me that I would see you here. B: Neither did I.

Look over there! 看那兒!
A: Look over there! I think there is a fire. B: I hope that nobody is hurt.

No way! Absolutely out of the question! 不行;絕不可能
A: Dad, can I have a party in our house? B: No way! (Absolutely out of the question!)

Leave me alone. 別煩我
A: Cheer up and go having some fun. B: Just leave me alone.

Who is it? 誰呀?
A: Who is it? B: It’s me. Open the door.

It’s terrible. 糟斃了
A: How was the movie? B: It was terrible.

Wait for me. 等等我
A: We are going to leave now! B: Hey! Wait for me!

I know what you mean. 我知道你的意思.
A: Do you understand me? B: I know what you mean.

Can’t help 克制不了;沒辦法控制
A: Can you stop laughing? B: I can’t help myself.

Let me tell you… 讓我告訴你……
A: I don’t know how to get to the station. B: Let me tell you the way.

Drop in sometime! 有空來坐坐
A: Bye! See you next time. B: Remember to drop in sometime.

Let’s get together next time. 下次再約出來聚聚
A: Wow! What a night! B: Yeah! Let’s get together next time.

That’s easy for you to say. 你說的倒容易
A: Remember to keep up your hard work. B: That’s easy for you to say.

Go ahead. 請便
A: Excuse me, I want to go to the bathroom. B: Go ahead.

You’re out of your mind! / You’ve got to be out of your mind! 你瘋嘍!
A: Let’s jump down from here. B: You’ve got to be out of your mind! (You’re out of your mind!)

You don’t have to tell me. 不用你告訴我(還用你說)
A: You don’t have to tell me. I know already. B: I am just trying to remind you.

I can’t promise. 我不敢保證
A: I need you to finish this tonight. B: I can’t promise.

I can’t complain / I have nothing to complain about 不錯呀!沒啥好抱怨的
A: Is everything OK here? B: Everything is fine. I can’t complain.

In short 總而言之
A: So how was your trip to London? B: It was great in short.

In any case 無論如何
A: We have to get these done in any case. B: I don’t think that we can make it.

You dare (to) 你敢….
A: Do you dare to jump off that wall? B: I dare not.

Welcome! 歡迎你來
A: Nice to meet you. B: Welcome. Please come in.

What’s even worse…. 更慘的是….
A: Tony failed the exam. B: What’s even worse is that his girlfriend wants to break up with him.

It’s not worth it. 不值得
A: Should I buy this watch? B: No, it’s not worth it.

Take a seat. / Be seated. 請坐
A: Please take a seat, Mr. Wang will be right with you. B: Thank you.

I am fine. / It couldn’t be better. 我很好;再好也不過了
A: How are you? B: I am fine, thank you.

Supposed to 應該是
A: Where are the books? B: They are supposed to be on the shelf.

Don’t say anymore. 別再說了!
A: Please don’t say any more. B: I’m sorry! I don’t know that I am bothering you.

I think we have met somewhere. 我想我們在哪見過
A: I think we have met somewhere. B: You look really familiar.

How long do you want us to wait for you? 你要我們等你多久?
A: How long do you want us to wait for you? B: Five more minutes.

Hurry up! 快一點
A: Hurry up! You are going to be late for school. B: Coming, coming.

I’m off (to) 我要去…
A: Where are you going? B: I am off to the bank.

Who do you think you are? 你以為你是誰啊?
A: Move! I want to sit here. B: Who do you think you are?

Nice to meet you. 幸會、幸會
A: Nice to meet you! B: My pleasure.

I don’t mind. 我不介意
A: Do you mind if I smoke here? B: No, I don’t mind.

That really burns me up! 那真的惹毛我了
A: Why are you so mad? B: He poured water on me. That really burns me up!

Good job! / Great job! / Nice going! 幹得好!
A: I got 100 in math! B: Good job!

Not in your lifetime! 門都沒有
A: Could I ask you out? B: Not in your lifetime!

Could you repeat that? 請再重複一遍好嗎?
A: Could you repeat that? I didn’t get it. B: Sure! I will say it again.

Let it be. 就這樣吧!
A: Should I take out the logo sticker on this page? B: No, let it be. It looks pretty good.

Come in (請)進來
A: May I come in? B: Please!

What are you up to lately? 最近忙些什麼呢?
A: What are you up to lately? B: The same things.

I am afraid… 恐怕…
A: I am afraid it’s going to rain soon. B: Bring an umbrella with you.



III. 使用頻率80%

It’s a pity. 真可惜
A: Jimmy is sick. He won’t be able to come. B: It’s a pity.

How could you think that? 你怎麼會這麼想?
A: You don’t love me anymore. B: How could you think that?

My computer crashed. 我的電腦當機了
A: Why are you using my computer? B: My computer crashed.

That’s because… 那是因為….
A: Why did you leave your job? B: That’s because my boss fired me.

Good idea. 好點子
A: Let’s go out for dinner. B: Good idea.

Have fun. 玩得盡興點
A: We’re leaving for the beach. B: Have fun.

What would you like to eat? 你要吃什麼?
A: What would you like to eat? B: I want some noodles.

Wake up and smell the coffee. 你別妄想了
A: Do you think mom will let me drive the car? B: Wake up and smell the coffee.

It’s your turn. 輪到你了
A: It’s your turn. Good luck. B: Thanks.

It means 這表示
A: What dose this word “delusion” mean? B: It means false belief.

Take it easy! 別緊張
A: I don’t know if I will be able to win the race. B: Take it easy! You can do it.

Frankly speaking… 坦白說
A: Frankly speaking, I think the party was a failure. B: You are right.

On line 在線上
A: Tim is on line. He wants to talk to you. B: OK.

You have the wrong number. 你打錯了
A: You have the wrong number. B: I am sorry.

Give….a call. 打電話給….
A: Give me a call when you get home. B: OK.

This is … speaking. 我是….
A: Who is speaking? B: This is Sharon speaking.

What number did you call? 你打幾號?
A: May I speak to Julian, please? B: What number did you call? There is no Julian here.

I’ll call you back later. 待會回電給你
A: I need to take out the trash now. I’ll call you back later. B: Sure.

Can you handle it? 做得來吧?
A: Can you handle it? B: No problem!

Who was it? / Who called? 誰打來的電話?
A: Who was it? B: Wrong number.

Could I speak to… 請找…..
A: Hello, could I speak to Gary? B: Hold on a second.

Better left unsaid. 還是別說好了
A: So what happened to your friend who stole money from his company? B: Better left unsaid.

Don’t push me. 別逼我;別推我
A: Would you stop pushing me? B: Then give me back my money.

I am exhausted. 我累翻了
A: I need some rest. I am exhausted. B: We have only been walking for thirty minutes.

Do you have change? 你有零錢嗎?
A: Do you have change? I am going to take a bus. B: Sorry, I don’t.

If… 如果
If I were you, I would tell him the truth.

What time is it? 幾點了?
A: Wendy is always late. What time is it? B: It’s already five.

May I help you? / What’s up? 我可以幫你嗎? / 有事嗎?
A: May I help you? B: Yes, I am looking for Dr. Lee.

Please don’t be mad at me. 請不要生我的氣
A: Please don’t be mad at me. I really didn’t mean it. B: Fine. Don’t do it again.

My God! 我的天哪!
A: My God! Your room is such a mess. B: OK. I will clean it up right now.

Let me think…. 讓我想想…..
A: Tow thousand dollars is my best offer. B: Let me think about it.

You’re so difficult! 你很龜毛耶!
A: I don’t know which one to buy. B: Samuel, you are so difficult!

Long time no see. 好久不見
A: Long time no see. So, what are you up to lately? B: Nothing much.

Where is the bathroom? 廁所在哪?
A: Excuse me, where is the bathroom? B: Take a left at the first corner.

Let me have it! / Let’s have it! 告訴我(們)怎麼一回事!
A: Well, I saw Mr. Wang going to the movies with Kelly last night. B: Let me have it! What else did you see?

You got me! 你考倒我了!
A: Do you know how to solve this problem? B: You got me! I really don’t know.

Do it 動手去做;去做吧!
A: Stop complaining. Just do it. B: It’s not that easy.

Let’s go shopping. 一起去逛街吧!
A: Let’s go shopping! B: Sorry, I can’t. I still got a lot of work to do.

It’s very dangerous… …真危險
A: Don’t put the knife there. It’s very dangerous. B: Sorry.

It’s miraculous! 真是太神奇了!
A: It’s miraculous! How did you do that? B: It’s magic.

I could hardly catch my breath. 我快忙不過來了
A: How is everything going? B: I got tons of work to do. I could hardly catch my breath.

What are we going to do later? 我們待會要幹嘛?
A: It’s really boring just staying here. What are we going to do later? B: I don’t know. Do you have any ideas?

May I have your name, please? 請問你叫什麼名字?
A: I have reserved a table for two. B: Yes. May I have your name, please?

On the contrary,… 相反地
A: Did you have a good time at the party? B: No, on the contrary, it was boring.

I have to attend a meeting later. 等會我要開會
A: Want to go having a cup of coffee? B: No, thanks. I have to attend a meeting later.

Step aside 讓開
A: Please step aside. You are blocking my way. B: Sorry!

I am outspoken. 我講話直了些
A: You shouldn’t have said that. B: Sorry, I was outspoken.

It suddenly strikes me… 我突然想到…
A: Wait! It suddenly strikes me that we can go to Kenting this weekend. B: Yeah. Good idea.

What’s the rush? 你趕著去哪?
A: Larry, what is the rush? B: The train is going to leave in ten minutes.

I am heading to bed. 我要去睡了
A: I am heading to bed. B: OK. Good night.



IV. 使用頻率70%

What’s on tap for today? 今天有什麼事要完成的?
A: What’s on tap for today? B: We have to finish the project today.

It’s acceptable. 可以接受的 A: How was my report? B: It’s acceptable.

Don’t take things too hard. 想開一點
A: I just can’t take it anymore! B: Hey! Relax! Don’t take things too hard.

Ouch! 唉唷!
A: Ouch! That really hurts. B: Sorry about that.

Oops! 哇!
A: Oops! I didn’t mean to do that. B: It’s OK. Be careful next time.

Aw! (表示抗議、同情、厭惡)噢!
A: Quiz tomorrow. B: Aw! Not again.

It’s unbelievable. 真是難以相信
A: Jason and Helen got married. B: Wow! It’s unbelievable.

I am speechless. 我無話可說
A: I caught you with another woman. B: I am speechless.

I can’t do anything 我無能為力
A: I felt so bad. I can’t do anything to help her. B: You’ve done what you could.

Take care 保重
A: Remember to take care of yourself when you get there. B: I know. You, too.

By the way 順道一提
A: By the way, where is the bathroom? B: Just around the corner.

It’s here! 在這兒
A: It’s here! I found your cat? B: Thank you so much.

It’s time to go. 該走了
A: Oh my God! I have lost track of the time. It’s time to go. B: OK. See you then.

Do you mind… 你介意…?
A: Do you mind if I sit beside you? B: Of course not. Take a seat.

Got it. 收到;了解
A: You have to get this done by tomorrow. B: Got it.

And you? 你呢?
A: I want to have a cheeseburger. And you? B: I will have a hotdog.

Relax 放輕鬆
A: Relax. There is no need to worry. B: Are you sure?

Do you know…? 你知道….嗎?
A: Do you know what happened to him? B: No. What’s wrong?

I’ve changed my mind. 我改變心意了
A: Didn’t you want this watch? B: I’ve changed my mind.

The sooner, the better. 越快越好
A: When do you want this mailed? B: The sooner, the better.

In other words,… 換句話說
A: I like cold weather. B: In other words, you like winter.

It’s not a big deal. 沒什麼大不了的
A: I did not pass my test. B: It’s not a big deal. Try harder next time.

Is it clear? 清楚嗎?
A: Let me try this pair of glasses. B: Is it clear?

Pretty cool! 好酷喔!
A: My mom bought me this watch. B: Pretty cool!

I feel that …. 我覺得….
A: I feel that today is colder than yesterday. B: Then you should wear a coat.

I don’t believe so. 我不這麼認為
A: I think she is very honest. B: I don’t believe so.

How could you stand… 你怎麼受得了….?
A: It’s very hot in Taiwan. B: How could you stand staying here all summer?

I still have things to do. 我還有事要做
A: Let’s go out for a walk. B: Sorry, I still have things to do.

I love it. 我愛死了
A: Do you like the movie? B: I love it.

Let’s go! 我們走吧!
A: Want to go shopping? B: Yes, let’s go!

Time’s up. 時間到了
A: Time’s up. B: But I’m not ready yet.

What’s wrong? 怎麼了?
A: What’s wrong? B: I don’t fell well.

So bothering 煩死了
A: It’s so bothering! B: Too much homework?

It’s disgusting! 討厭死了;噁心
A: Do you like snakes? B: It’s disgusting!

I feel like it. 我高興(怎麼做就怎麼做)
A: Why do you do that first? B: I feel like it.

There you go! 請便!
A: Can I see this? B: There you go!

Is there anything I can help you with? 有什麼我可以幫忙的嗎?
A: Is there anything I can help you with? B: No, I’m fine.

I’ll be right there. 馬上來 A: Are you coming? B: Yes, I’ll be right there.

It really hurts. 好痛
A: Are you OK? B: It really hurts.

Do you have a second now? 你現在有時間嗎?
A: Do you have a second now? B: Sure.

Let me think about it. 讓我考慮一下
A: Do you plan to go? B: Let me think about it.

What then / How then / Where then? 不然呢?
A: Why did you come here? B: Where else then?

Sounds like… 聽起來像是….
A: Did you hear that? B: Sounds like a bird singing.

It’s a pity that.. (I’m sorry to hear that...) 很遺憾….
A: It’s a pity that you didn’t come. B: Yes. I heard it was fun.

What day is today? 今天是幾號?
A: What day is today? B: It’s the fifth.

I’m not sure. 我不確定
A: Can you come? B: I’m not sure.

It’s hard to say. 很難說
A: Will you go? B: It’s hard to say.

Maybe. 說不定…
A: Is it going to rain? B: Maybe.

I’m full / hungry. 我飽(餓)了
A: Please eat more. B: I’m full already.

I don’t feel like eating. 我吃不下;我沒食慾
A: Why didn’t you eat dinner? B: I don’t feel like eating.


V. 使用頻率60%

Lock the door, please. 請把門鎖上
A: Can I come in? B: Yes, but lock the door, please.

I’m so thirsty. 我口好渴
A: Want to eat something? B: No, I’m so thirsty.

I don’t feel well. 我不舒服
A: You look weak. B: I don’t feel well.

I’ll do my best. 我盡量;我盡力
A: Please help me. B: I’ll do my best.

Are you ready? 準備好了嗎?
A: Are you ready? B: Yes, let’s go.

I can’t imagine. 我不能想像
A: The apple was bigger than my hand. B: I can’t imagine.

It’s such bad luck. 真倒楣!
A: It’s such bad luck. B: What’s wrong?

You are so mean. 你好兇
A: Get out of here. B: You are so mean.

I’ll accompany you. 我陪你
A: I don’t want to go alone. B: I’ll accompany you.

Along the way 順便
A: Will you buy some drinks along the way? B: No problem.

I love you. 我愛你
A: I love you. B: Love you, too.

Next time. 下次吧!
A: When will you come? B: Next time.

Good morning. 早安
A: Good morning, everyone. B: You sure look energetic this morning.

I hate you. 我恨你
A: I hate you. B: But why?

What’s it got to do with you? 干你什麼事?
A: Don’t be mad at him anymore. B: What’s it got to do with you?

I just don’t understand… 我就是想不通….
A: He likes to be alone. B: I just don’t understand why.

Now you know! 你現在才知道?
A: That’s why you don’t like him. B: Now you know!

Get out. 滾!
A: Get out. B: Fine.

So boring 真無聊
A: The movie was so boring. B: I thought so, too.

I wouldn’t know! 你問我,我問誰?
A: What’s her name? B: I wouldn’t know!

God damn it! 該死
A: God damn it! I lost my watch. B: That’s no big deal.

I want the same. 我要一樣的
A: One large coke, please B: I want the same.

The most important thing is… 最重要的是…
You are smart. But the most important thing is that you are diligent.

I’ve been through it. 我領教過了
A: She is so unreasonable. B: I’ve been through it.

You’ve been there? 你去過?
A: Disneyland is fun. B: You’ve been there?

God! What the hell are you doing? 天呀!你到底在幹嘛?
A: God! What the hell are you doing? B: Cleaning my room.

Come on. Just go alone with it. 好啦!將就一點嘛!
A: This place is small. B: Come on. Just go alone with it.

What do you think? Do you like it? 你覺得如何?你還喜歡吧?
A: What do you think? Do you like it? B: Yes, I do.

沒有留言:

張貼留言